10.27.2009

hannah olivia collie

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but we have had a few rough weeks at the hospital. I wanted to dedicate a post about a sweet little girl who passed away early Sunday morning.
Hannah Olivia Collie was my very first heart transplant patient to take care of in the Cath Lab when I first started my job at Children's Medical Center of Dallas. She was so terribly sick and with some good luck and God's grace she received a new heart in 2007. I was lucky enough to get to know Hannah, her mom Amanda, dad Jason, and eventually little brother Cooper. They are such a sweet family!
Hannah had been battling issues that can come along with getting a new heart, and then some. She lost her battle and got her wings on Sunday morning 10/25/09 at 12:53 am.
My prayers and heart goes out to the Collie family at this time. I cannot imagine losing a child, even though I am not a mother yet. She has such a special place in my heart and will be one of those children in my career that I will never forget.

Here are a few pics of Hannah, just the way I will always remember her!




And one of the whole family while in the hospital.


I wanted to ask anyone who reads this to please pray for Amanda, Jason, and Cooper and the rest of the Collie family that they will find peace in knowing that this sweet little girl is now sitting in the arms of Jesus with no more pain and suffering. She has touched so many of our lives!

2 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for this family and for you. I know that each of you gained so much from knowing and loving the other. Peace and comfort to all, knowing she's in a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me so sad for the family and for you. I can hardly see through my tears. You are such a compassionate young woman. I am so proud of you and how strong you are. I know you were a blessing to Hannah and her family. Love you, MO

    ReplyDelete