1.18.2014

Birthday & Christmas Recap

Yes, I realize this is over a month late, but better late than never. I've been crazy busy, or sick, or dealing with sick kids, or I could probably think of a million other excuses. Sorry, so sorry. But here goes...(warning, picture OVERLOAD)

On December 2 I turned 30 years old. Wow, I thought I would hate to turn 30, but really, I am at the best place in my life. I have two beautiful, healthy girls, and a pretty awesome husband who works so hard for us. I'm still doing nursing a few times a month. This year, Jacob bought me tickets to the Justin Timberlake concert. He also planned a little bowling get together with family and friends.

So, my husband isn't the concert going fellow, especially not to JT, but he kindly offered to buy tickets for me and a few friends. My sister, aunt, and best friend went with me. It was a truly awesome concert! We had so much fun! I grew up on N'SYNC and eventually JT when he went solo. So while I spent a night away from the house, he took good care of the girls, and I couldn't have asked for a better time!







And a birthday isn't a birthday without spending it with family. So we decided bowling might be fun for the kiddos. Haha, well Campbell did it for maybe 5 minutes and was done. She wasn't the least bit interested in it. Thankfully Grammy took her and let her climb all over the Skiball game. She won quite a few tickets that way! It ended with strawberry cake and Baskin Robbins ice cream....my favorites! Thanks for making me feel so special! Here's to a great year!















Now on to Christmas...
we had a very blessed Christmas this year. It was Callan's first Christmas, and the first Christmas that Campbell really was excited and knew about Santa! We had Christmas early at our house, just the four of us...then went to my parents' house for a few days...and eventually on the Jacob's parents' house. Our girls were spoiled with so many goodies and we really enjoyed just being around family. I, unfortunately came down with the flu on Friday after Christmas, and spent the rest of the weekend/next week recovering. Thankfully, no one else around me got it! Praise Jesus! Here's just a few pics that I took of our family of four's Christmas...and a few that Aunt Casey shot while we were at Mo and Poppy's house!







This year, our gingerbread house went roofless, because the roof cookies broke in half, and we didn't have the patience to fix it. Campbell had fun decorating anyway!


























This picture sums up Christmas 2013 for me. So blessed to have these two!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment