6.30.2010

the story of our broken hearts

i'm not sure exactly where to start or how i'm going to get through this. there will be lots of tears, and there already have been. i pray the Lord gives me the right words to say. late last friday night/early saturday morning we lost our sweet baby. we don't know why this has happened, but we know we have a precious angel looking over us now. my heart aches so bad for my baby. we had 10, almost 11 short weeks with him/her. it's crazy how attached you can get in such a short period of time. i was even already giving her a name in my head. and i say her, just because that was the only name i had come up with.

i have been leaning heavily on Jesus, my husband, our families, and friends during this time. we have truly been blessed with amazing people in our lives that have provided us with wisdom, strength, compassion, and mostly LOVE. i can't tell you how much this means to us.

i know that there is a reason that this has happened to us, but right now, it's really hard to see that. we just want our sweet baby to still be here. she was real. she had a heart beat. she had eyes, and organs growing. she was fine one day and gone the next. i'm not sure when this ache will go away.

i'm trying to find comfort in both the arms of Jesus, and the arms of my husband. jacob has set a great example and has been my rock through this. i can already feel that we have become closer, and i love him even more for his love and dedication to me. scripture and music have helped me as well. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." jacob really thinks that we will be able to help someone in the future because of our own struggle. he keeps reminding me that our sweet baby is not hurting, but is praising Jesus in heaven. she is going to be our little angel to watch over us.

thank you Jesus for being my Savior, my comforter, my healer, and carrying me in your arms during this time. may our hearts, our tears, our thoughts, our words, and our actions be a blessing to you in the midst of our suffering. you are my HOPE.

this song has been a blessing to me:



please continue to pray for jacob and i, as well as the rest of our family because this was going to be not only our first child, but a first grandbaby, greatgrandbaby, and niece/nephew. we will never forget you...

5 comments:

  1. Lyndsay, my heart breaks for you. I know there are no words I can say to ease your pain but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Lots of love,
    Trena

    ReplyDelete
  2. THINKING OF YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH!

    `````````````````````APRIL FLORES

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for you and your family as well! I'm so very sorry for your loss!!! You and yours will be in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so sorry. Words can't express your grief or my desire to comfort you. Tragedy is exactly that.... tragedy. I am deeply saddened but also I know that you are drawing your solace from God and He alone can hold you up like no one else. I am praying for you and Jacob.
    Linda Payne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndsey Jacob,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Continue to lean on God for peace and understanding. You guys are in my prayers. I pray for healing for your heart.
    Chavela

    ReplyDelete