5.25.2013

...because time is getting away from me...

As we get closer and closer to meeting this sweet girl in my tummy, I can't help but feel a little sad as the time comes that Campbell is no longer my only baby. Not that she acts or seems like a baby. She is a big girl...2 years old...with her little personality that cracks me up every day. She seems so mature right now. Yes, she is still 2, with her tantrums and meltdowns occasionally, but she talks to her daddy and me in full sentences and thinks about what she wants to say before she answers. She has an imagination.... She loves to sing and dance.

I've had a lot of one on one time with her lately because Daddy has been traveling, but we are hoping that is just about done for a little while, or at least until after baby girl comes into this world! Being pregnant, this one on one time can be exhausting, but it is also so precious to me. She constantly wants to "hold you momma." And she is now rubbing my tummy and asking when baby is going to be here. She wants to sit in my lap for hours watching Mickey, reading books, and just cuddling...and I LOVE IT!

I know that this stage of her being an only child is just part of the change of having a growing family, but I can't help but want it to slow down just a bit. Less than 5 weeks and her whole world is changing. I know she's up for it...she can handle anything. She's proven to be super flexible and go with the flow. And she won't remember the time before her baby sister was here. I pray she transitions well, and knows we love her so so much, even as we tend to a newborn. I know the love in my heart is only going to grow as I watch her become a big sister. But as a pregnant emotional mess right now I'm sad about it not being just her. But then again, I'm so excited and anxious to meet her little sister. Just mixed emotions I'm sure so many 2nd time moms feel.

But I am constantly reminded by God that she is not mine, but His. He has wonderful plans for her and I am just blessed to be chosen as her mommy. And that I am! She brings me joy that I never knew I could have! And He is about to entrust another baby girl into my care. I pray my girls will know Him and do great things for His name!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my girl that most of you have seen on my Facebook. Her smile... nothing to describe the feeling I have as I look at her!




I will try to post an update on baby girl soon. I think we have decided FINALLY on a name (dream/details included) and I'll see if I can muster up the courage for another belly pic. Actually, my sweet sister is coming in a few weeks and I'm hoping we can sneak in a pregnancy/family of 3 photo shoot before we need to do our family of 4/newborn shoot!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment