5.30.2013

And her name is...

Callan Blair McFarland!

I used this quote in Campbell's name post and still love it:


Names are important. They have power. They define us. They’re more than a bunch of letters grouped together to sound pleasant to the ear. Names are more than a convenience allowing us to talk to each other. Names are a gift from God. They contain His power. They define things. They define us.
“A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.” – Proverbs 22:1 (NIV)
Courtesy of Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com/the-importance-of-names/#ixzz1I09GZxua


Once again, this has been the hardest decision to make. I knew it would be because it took us so long finding the right name for Campbell. Knowing we would use a family name, my parents came across my dad's grandmother's name...Madelyn Blair. Beautiful! I really liked the idea of using Blair for this baby's middle name. Done. One part down.

But the first name has been a doozy. I loved the name Emerson, but Jacob nixed it. We liked Adyson, Emery, and Ellis...but I never had that feeling that one of them was THE ONE. I've been searching baby name sites for the past 4 months, and getting so close to her birth, I was beginning to get stressed out. I didn't want to compare it to Campbell, but I love her name and I didn't want to give my baby girl a name that is so popular that every other girl would have. I also didn't think I wanted both girls to have a name that started with a C, so I never really looked or thought about C names.

I finally just asked God to show me what her name is, because this is something He already knows. I wanted that feeling I had when I found Campbell's name. Earlier this week, I had a dream and very obviously I was calling my baby girl Callan.

This is a little ironic. I have loved this name for years. Actually I considered it with Campbell, but had a friend at work that had a daughter named Callan. We actually also have a second cousin with the name as well. And a college friend of mine named her little boy this. I guess I thought they would think I copied them, but after dreaming this, I knew this was HER name! I've been such at peace with it and Campbell is already calling her baby Callie/Callan!

I'm so thankful the Lord showed me what her name is. He continues to be faithful to me. He just wants me to trust Him. I guess I am a slow learner. I keep trying to do it all on my own. Bad idea.

So now, I am so ready to meet little miss Callan!



Callan is Gaelic...meaning flowing water...and also has a few other meanings of powerful in battle (Scandinavian), rock (Scottish), and chatter (German).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment