7.19.2011

new opportunities

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to update a little about what has been going on in our world the past few days...

Jacob put in his 2 weeks at Merit yesterday. This is the big news I mentioned in an earlier post. He has been given the opportunity of a lifetime, and we felt like it is where God wants us to be. It may be challenging considering there may be many days of extra travel for him while I am home alone with Campbell, but we know that without struggles, there wouldn't be rewards. I pray that this new job is just what Jacob wants and needs. He has been blessed by working for Merit, and it was a difficult decision to leave. We have met so many incredible people and hope to maintain those relationships as we move on to the next stage in our lives. We aren't moving anywhere, his job is still based out of the DFW area. He is going to work for Urban Oil and Gas Group as an engineer with hopefully the chance to oversee all operations one day. He will eventually get the chance to be in management, something he will be incredible at!

I will continue to work 2 days a week at Children's in the recovery room for the time being until we feel that it is possible for me to stay at home with Campbell full time. I go back to work in less than 2 weeks and I am really dreading leaving my girl. We have gotten her settled into a daycare which I feel great about. I just don't want to leave her :( Mommy is sure gonna cry that first day, I guarantee it!

Campbell is continuing to struggle taking a bottle. She absolutely hates them. I have tried about every kind and have a few more in the cabinet to try. She gets the nipple in her mouth and either immediately starts screaming or just chews on it. I don't know if she doesn't know how to suck on it or if she is just refusing it all together. It has been a hard few days and I'm having a hard time not nursing her when she's hungry and won't take a bottle. I'm the mommy, I'm supposed to comfort her when she's upset, not make her mad and cry more because she won't take the bottle. I am struggling being tough. I've always had this problem. So please pray for both her and I as the next few days will be rough and exhausting. There will be lots of tears I'm afraid. I just want this to be a happy time since I have to go back to work soon.

Our girl continues to amaze me everyday. She has been sleeping through the night and putting herself to sleep! She is growing like a weed, and is happy most of the time! She has a gorgeous smile which is coming out more and more everyday. She is in 3 month clothes mostly, 3-6 month depending on brand, and thank goodness the 6 month clothes are still too big. She continues to be the best part and sometimes the hardest part of my days, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! This is what I was meant to do :) I am cherishing every moment and trying to soak them all in! We are not guaranteed a lifetime or even promised another day, so I praise Jesus for the ones I have with my baby girl, and with each member of mine and Jacob's families, and with our friends!

I'll leave you with a few more pics that Aunt Casey took while she was here. I absolutely love them!












































Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment