7.10.2011

Our sleep...

Campbell must know when mommy and daddy need their sleep! This weekend she has slept through the night both nights. I woke up Saturday morning at 6:15 because of Duke, not Campbell. She had slept all night! This was her first true night to do that for us. She woke up shortly after I did, but it was so nice. AND...she kinda put herself to sleep. Jacob rocked her for a bit and laid her down. She was awake and squirming but not crying. He left her there and within 5 minutes she was out!

We spent Saturday with her Great Aunts Tracy and Davney, and Grammy, Grandpa, and the rest of the Bunchkins! We watched 2 baseball games! Caleb hit 2 homeruns! Woohoo! Now with all this excitement, miss Campbell did not sleep much. She would cat nap throughout the day, but did not have her usual 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. She was exhausted. We got home late, but still decided to bathe her since we had been outside in the heat/dirt for a while. She enjoyed the calming bath, ate, and immediately fell asleep at 11. There was no crying or fussing before bed (partly because she cried most of the way home). She was out. 

All that to say, this morning when Duke woke me up at 7, she was still sleeping. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 9:15!! What??? She was just starting to stir. She wasn't upset, and I was so proud of my girl for sleeping that long. 

She must know that we were all tired and needed our sleep. That's so encouraging knowing that maybe she is starting to learn to sleep all night! 

We have another big week ahead of us. Aunt Casey and Uncle Aric are coming to visit! I can't believe that Campbell is 9 weeks old...I only have 3 weeks left at home with her before I have to go back to work :( It's so sad. It is going by way way too fast. I am enjoying every minute though. Who wouldn't, looking at this sweet, chubby face all day!


























Here are some more pics from our week. From riding in her stroller, to the cutest face talking to her daddy while she was taking a bath! (All of these were taken on my phone, so sorry for the yucky pics). 




















































We love you so much Campbell Grace!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog look! I'm so curious about the big news???!

    ReplyDelete